Saturday, August 5, 2023

New Beginnings

 


Hey there! A few years have gone by since I last posted.  Our homeschool group started going their separate ways, and then Covid hit... and we all know what a devastation that was on so many groups, and clubs.  

And something else happened.  My kids grew up!  My oldest son got married, my second oldest also moved out of the house, and all of my littles, well, aren't so little anymore.  They have become Tweens and Teens.  

As a homeschooling mom I had to rethink my game a little bit.  I had already gone down that path with my older two, but now it was time to start at the beginning again.  As some of you know, finding homeschool groups for younger children isn't too hard.  But, once a child reaches about ten, the opportunities fall away.  So frustrating!

So, it was time to start a new Homeschool Group, this time 10 and older.  I am happy to say that there were so many families looking for the same things we were. Our group has been going strong for a little over a year... and there is no end in sight.

So, whether you homeschool or not, join us as I chronicle our homeschool group activities, as well as ideas, tips and tricks for your older kids.

We live in the western suburbs of Chicago and are very fortunate to have so many amazing resources... I will be sharing those as well. 

What about you? Have you come across the same lack of resources for your older kids? And if so, what kinds of things did you find?



No comments:

Post a Comment